Are you wondering why you should choose cedar for your own home The cedar that we use will provide better insulation from both the heat and the cold. We use Northern White Cedar as opposed to traditional pine. Did you know that pine logs maintain more than two times the amount of water as cedar? With the higher amount of moisture, pine logs can suffer from many different issues, including rot, cracking, splitting, shrinkage, and loss of energy efficiency.
When you choose cedar log homes, you will gain the following advantages:
- Cedar offers the best in energy efficiency
- This type of wood is resistant to decay and rot
- Cedar will last 8 times longer than options like pine
- This wood works as a natural insect repellent
- Cedar weighs less than pine